Antenatal classes and workshops
Birth Fearlessly Group Classes
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I want to you be confident enough to give birth fearlessly!
But I understand if you’re currently feeling a bit overwhelmed. The amount of information out there about your pregnancy and birth is staggering!
Also, have you noticed that now you’re pregnant everyone has an opinion about your pregnancy and birth. What to eat, how give birth, where to give birth, whether you should breastfeed, and even what to call your baby.
This is why I wanted to create a series of antenatal sessions that would help you cut through the overwhelm of information so you feel prepared for your birth and able to make informed, evidence based decisions.
There isn’t a magic formula for having “the perfect birth”. There I said it! And there is no right or wrong way to give birth. But birth tends to follow a basic pattern and needs a number of different things to make it work.
For you to give birth fearlessly you need to know what these are, and make intuitive, educated choices for you and your baby.
These sessions will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to make informed choices for your birth, provide a safe space for you to talk about everything pregnancy and birth related, and meet other parents.
We will be covering but not limited to:
- Exploring the physiology of birth - how labour works, what to expect in labour, why labour isn’t alway textbook
- The importance of the mind / body connection for birth
- Non-medicalised pain relief, partner support (breath work, massage etc)
- How to write a birth preferences - the importance of knowing and understanding your boundaries and choices
- How to navigate the system if things don’t go the way you're hoping for. Exploring your options and making informed choices (covering induction and caesarean section, the use of medication in birth)
- Breastfeeding/ Bottle feeding
- 4th Trimester - what to expect in the early days, adjusting to life with a newborn, how to seek help, exploring the changing relationship dynamic, writing a postnatal plan.
These sessions take place at The Lansdown Clinic in Stroud. £225 for 4 weeks including refreshments, a goody bag and 1-2-1 doula support for the duration of your classes.
So if you’d like to experience a different type of antenatal session - one which will help you to birth fearlessly, make informed decisions and work out the kind of birth you want save your space now.
Bespoke In Person Antenatal Sessions
Because each pregnancy and birth is unique you may feel you would like one on one support with a specific area of your pregnancy or birth.
Although these sessions are always client led so I can tailor them to explore issues and topics that are of interest to you, I like to make sure that we cover a number of basics, including:
- what the different phases of labour look and feel like - so you know what to expect and are prepared for how you may feel and sound!
- teaching comfort techniques and non medicalised pain management (including breath work and self hypnosis) - so you and your birth partner know how to best support you through labour reducing the amount of medicalised pain management you may use
- the importance of the mid/body connection during labour and addressing your expectations and fears - so you know how to mentally prepare for labour and can create a relaxing birth environment for your birth
- demonstrating partner support techniques - so your partner feels tooled up and ready to support you, answering any questions they may have about their roll
- drafting your birth plan because its important to know and understand your boundaries for your birth
- planning for your 4th trimester because there is little support currently available for the postnatal period via NHS so you need to know how to identify potential problems and get support, how to build support and source local help if you need it.
- how to navigate the system if things don’t go the way you're hoping for. Exploring your options and making informed choices (covering induction and caesarean section, the use of medication in birth) - so you don’t feel you’re pushed down a path you don’t want to visit and to enable you to make informed decisions.
All these things and many more can be addressed through bespoke antenatal sessions. You can have as many sessions as you like. Contact me to discuss your unique antenatal package.
In the comfort of your home, my bespoke antenatal sessions are charged at £85 for a 2 hour session OR £285 for a course of 4 sessions of teaching, over a time period of your choosing.
Copyright © 2021 The Original Birth Connection | A DoulaSites Website | Privacy & Cookies